On Saturday September 3rd Chicago WebConf will take place. It's two tracks with one track bring presentation, and the other broken up into half day workshops and half day design reviews.
Topics and Speakers Include:
- User Experience Thought Process - Ryan Singer
- HTML5 and CSS3 - Shay Howe
- CoffeeScript - Jon Pliske
- Building Rich Applications with Backbone - JC Grubbs
- Wireframing the Right Way - Russ Unger
- Building Sites with JQuery Mobile - Jacob Gable Right now you can still register for the early bird discount at $50, but that will be ending here on July 15th and tickets will cost $75. Space is limited so you've been warned.
HTML5.tx will feature a great line-up of speakers, social events the night before and after the event, and people from most of the web technologies out there.
October 8th, Austin Texas, St. Edwards University
In Full Disclosure
While I am a speaker for Chicago WebConf, I personally want to see events like these become very successful. I have always been a web developer and to see how it's exploded over the years is inspiring for me. I love seeing things like these which bring all types together and craft their skills. There is so much to learn we shouldn't be doing it alone.
I'm also a member of the HTML5.tx planning team. In the same spirit of Chicago WebConf, Brandon and I wanted to see something similar happen across the region. We're starting with Austin and based on it's success you might just see HTML5.wi or HTML5.oh.
Are you planning your own event, or thinking about it? Want to bounce some ideas off me or just chat? Please do, my contact info isn't hidden.